Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Rooooaaaaaddddtttttrrrriiiiipppppp

Apparently staying in one place just isn't my thing. It's time to hit the road again, this time via bus to Arkansas with the Lady Raiders for their two game road trip against Arkansas State and UALR. We leave today (Tuesday) for their game tomorrow, then head out Thursday for Little Rock for Saturday's double header against UALR.

9:30 am - Up and at 'em. This is way later than New Orleans. I have that as a plus.

10:05 am - Headed to the Murphy Center and holy cow it's cold. Flurries for the second straight day. Wonderful.

10:20 am - Here at the Murphy Center and practice is in full effect. The sounds of basketballs and Coach Insell's voice.

10:40 am - It never ceases to amaze me how simple the game of basketball is and how many different ways there are to screw it up. That's not a knock on the girls at all, but a tribute to Coach Insell because he's able to simplify it so much. Also every time they do exactly what he wants it works to perfection. It's amazing. It shouldn't be this easy.

11:30 am - Time to load up the bus and head out. Or at least start the process. Tons of bags and food and other stuff to load up first.

11: 34 am - Zaxby's!!!! They told us we'd have lunch on the bus but Zaxby's? Win!

12:00 pm - And we're off. I'm at the front of the bus with the staff and the girls are in the back and there is much giggling. No idea why. I blame Chelsia. She's typically at the center of any shennanigans.

12:12 pm - Headphones on. Also I just got really tired. If I was a betting man I'd say I'm out before we get off 24 in Nashville.

12:19 pm - One thing I've noticed is that everyone has a pillow...but me. When I asked what I needed to bring it would have been nice to have been told. Oh well.

12:26 pm - This group of girls is the most ridiculous group of people I've ever been around. I can hear the eruptions of laughter through my headphones.

12:29 pm - We have direct tv in the bus!!! And we're watching Sportscenter. Life doesn't suck.

12:44 pm - We just passed a sign for Nashville State Tech Community College. Insert punchline here.

1:37 pm - Just finished two blogs. We're not even close to Memphis. Boredom could become a severe problem.  Also my ears hurt like hell from my headphones so I had to take em off. This will add to the boredom but at least Sportscenter is on.

1:43 pm - Its really bright. I don't own sunglasses. Splendid.

2:03 pm - The back of the bus is actually quiet. I'm shocked.



2:14 pm - I would like to sleep but the sun is right in my eyes and its really bright. Closing them means that uncomfortable its bright through my eyes feeling.


3:03 pm - Wow. Just stood up for 30 seconds and could feel the blood coming back to my legs. Don't think that's healthy.

3:30 pm - Rome now on the tube. I can't stand him. And Sportsnation is on ESPN2 right now. I love them.

3:49 pm - Just passed over the Mississippi River into Arkansas. Went through Memphis really quickly as opposed to Nashville which took forever.


The pyramid in Memphis is way cool

3:54 pm - Traffic. Noooooooooooooo!!!

3:58 pm - Traffic didn't last long. Thank god. Now hopping on I-55 and just passed a sign for Arkansas State. Inching closer.

4:41 pm - 13 miles to Jonesboro. This didn't suck as bad as it seemed.

4:55 pm - Pulled into the hotel. Bloods back in my legs again. Now the check in process.

5:58 pm - Headed out to dinner. We're going to Outback because its the nicest place in Jonesboro. As one of the managers said, welcome to Arkansas.

6:06 pm - Our bus driver is inept. He really doesn't have a clue where he's going.

7:45 pm - Done with dinner and headed back to the hotel. Got a steak and it was overcooked. C'mon man!

8:55 pm - Halftime of the Orange Bowl. This game has been everything it was hyped up to be. In other words its boring and I'm not sure why I'm still watching.

10:07 pm - The game hasn't gotten any better but I can't turn it off because it's still close. This should be called "inside the mind of a sports addict".

12:08 am - Alright time for bed. Sorry today hasn't been more exciting. Welcome to Arkansas.




No comments:

Post a Comment