Wednesday, January 6, 2010



5:17 pm - Well this is kinda cool. Apparently the players get to run through a tunnel for introductions. It would be much cooler if it wasn't tucked away in a corner and also if there's not smoke it could be the lamest thing since I guaranteed Miami would be Wisconsin in the Champs sports bowl by 40. Whoops.

5:24 pm - Decided to take a walk around and found out that Jeff Dunham is going to be visiting here. They get the biggest comedian in the world in terms of popularity and we got the biggest in stature (Ralphie May). At least I don't have to go to school in Jonesboro!

5:28 pm - As usual Anne Marie is the first one out getting shots up. Meanwhile the ASU players are still just getting here.  I was just told that I'll be allowed to film the pre-game talk.  I hope it's a good one.

5:34 pm - Anne Marie just saved a kid's life! He was walking by the court and one of her teammates threw a ball out to her just a bit outside. She was able to get a hand on it and stop it so it didn't hit Sparkie in the head. Between that and her hitting the half-court shot today I'm predicting a big game out of 30 tonight.

5:39 pm - A lady in a jacket saying "The Convo" just walked by. I guess that's the nickname for the building (The Convocation Center). That makes "The Murph" seem like the most brilliant nickname of all-time.

5:41 pm - They are testing sound and just did the wolf noise. If that thing howls frequently tonight the person hitting the button might be howling too.

5:51 pm - Alysha was rebounding and for some reason threw a ball out my way. I guess I was open?

5:57 pm - Time to head into the locker room.

6:15 pm - Now back out. The team was given some key points on ASU's personnel and scheme by Coach Hodges who did the scouting for this game. Insell obviously joined in as well. After that Insell shared a few thoughts. No "win one for the Gipper" speech like I was hoping for but it didn't really matter because I didn't get it on camera and here's why: the locker room was the size of a closet and I was stuck in the corner. For home games I get to film from the back of the team room, getting everything the coaches say with them saying it. Here I got Coach Hodges' back when he was talking and his back standing closer to me when Insell was talking.

6:21 pm - Also I'm now allowed to officially report that Alysha Clark is out tonight. This is her second straight game out due to a sprained ankle. I don't think we're going to need her to win this one though. It was a 40 point game last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment