Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 2 in Jonesboro. Also known as the last day in Jonesboro. Yessssss.

8:10 am - Ummm...it's dark in here. I'm used to my apartment which is bright at 6 am but it's incredibly dark. My phone says its 8 am but my mind and body is saying it's 4 you idiot, go back to bed.

8:25 am - Are you kidding me????? I hopped in the shower and when I hopped out 5 minutes later I found out a good bit of the shower had hopped out before me. The floor was soaked. And where were my 1 pair of jeans and my 1 pair of shorts? Yeah, that would be on the floor. Now it's time to borrow some sweats and head down to the dryer. Also the coffee here is garbage. So watery and no real creamer to put in it. Breakfast better go better.

8:45 am- Alright things are taking a positive turn! Breakfast is not just solid, it's actually really good. Biscuit and gravy, potatoes, and eggs that, despite they're fake, watery look, were actually really good. Add in a yogurt and I'm set!

8:46 am - On second thought I do have one tiff. The orange juice has pulp. A lot of people love pulp but I don't get it. I want my wake up process to go as smoothly as possible (which obviously hasn't happened this morning) and pulp free orange juice is smooth. Pulp is not. Not catastrophic though.

9:10 am - My swimming clothes (as in clothes that went swimming, not a bathing suit) are done and now I'm headed back to my room. There's nothing to do until 12 when we get on the bus for shootaround. No idea what I'm going to do between now and then.

9:24 am - Alright figured it out. Going to listen to the Scott Van Pelt show from yesterday. Being an ESPN insider definitely has its perks in terms of being able to go through the archives meaning I can listen to and download old shows. This is where a ton of our sound bytes come from for radio.

10:30 am - Solid show but it's over and I've still got an hour and a half until load up time. Now listening to the NBA Podcast with Ryen Russillo. Being a basketball "expert" requires work!

No comments:

Post a Comment