Friday, May 15, 2009

I Have Just Enough Time To Do Nothing

So it's Friday afternoon around 4:45 pm. I have to work in an hour and I have to take my little sister to the video store before then, which leaves me with just enough time to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. So I figured I'd hop on here and blurb that way I can feel somewhat accomplished in my nothingness.

First of all a few exciting things for the show in the Fall and one for the show in the Spring. First fall and radio. I'm gonna have a guy who sounds like Peter Griffin from Family Guy say "Ladies and Gentleman everyone grab onto your underpants, the MTSU Wild World of Sports is here!" and play it at the beginning of every show. Just so you know, it's big, and it's coming. Ok now onto more serious matters. I'm going to try for two interviews the first week of the season while I'm at Clemson. The first one is just kind of a cool thing to do and it may or may not air depend on how well it goes and if people want to see it, otherwise it's straight to the resume tape material file. I'm going to try and sit down with Michael Wade, Clemson's 3rd string QB, and Richard Jackson, their backup Kicker, for an interview. Wait wait wait wait! You want to interview the 3rd string QB and the BACKUP kicker? Go ahead, laugh it up. There's a reason. I may be nuts but I didn't play pin the tail on the Clemson roster and this is what I got. Wade and Jackson both went to Riverside High School in Greer, SC. So did I. I didn't know them in high school but we did have two years of overlap and I was at a lot of their high school game and even if the interview never makes it to MTTV there is always YouTube and I'm sure the people around here (I'm home at the moment) would love to see it.

Now with that little heart-warming, homecoming piece of business out of the way let's get down to the big one. I'm also going to try and interview C.J. Spiller. Yeah, who's laughing now. He was the 4th best available Running Back going into the draft process this year according to Mel Kiper Jr. (and his hair) but he decided to head back to Tiger Town for one more year. I'll ask him why and a bunch of other thought provoking questions that I haven't quite thought of yet. That will air on the first episode of the MTTV NFL Draft Special in the Spring which this year will have myself and Zac Defrancesca instead of Curtis Nolte because Curtis will be doing something fancy like having a job...we hope. (That's not a knock on Curtis, just on the state of the economy; if I wanted to knock on Curtis I would have said something about his enormous head). So in summary, C.J. Spiller might be on the draft show, so you should watch...in the spring...6 months from now.

I missed the Laker game last night and that's probably a good thing. You would think that Andrew Bynum played for the Magic not the Lakers because he likes to disappear (sorry my jokes are no better at 5 pm than 3 am, but you've read this far so you might as well keep going). Yao Ming is out. Dikembe Mutumbo is out. Karl Landry is playing center. Andrew Bynum before he was hurt was one of the top 3 centers in the game with Yao and Dwight Howard with Shaq coming in 4th but since he's come back from his injury last year and again this year he's been mediocre at best. Its really hard to be bad and completely ineffective at 7'1" on a basketball court but Bynum has found a way to do it. He hasn't discouraged 6'0" Aaron Brooks from finding the lane and he has done nothing on offense. Lamar Odom isn't soft, he's a point guard who's tall and is thus playing Power Forward. Pau...well he's soft. He's not as soft as last year but he's still soft and you saw he wasn't mentally tough last night either as Kobe ripping into him made the Sportscenter highlight. As tough as Kobe is he can't do it by himself. I thought he could but he can't. He can get 60 tomorrow night if he wants to, but that won't be enough. Kobe needs help on the offensive end and primarily on the defensive end. Granted the Lakers are much better at home but if all of a sudden Ron Artest finds his shot the Lakers could be in deep trouble. We'll see Sunday how it all plays out.

Ok, work time for me. I've accomplished something besides staring at the ceiling. Yay! Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment